Workshop on Hyperbolic Conservation Laws and
Infinite-Dimensional Dynamical Systems
March 30 - April 1, 2012
- Peter Bates (Michigan State University)
- Gui-Qiang Chen (University of Oxford, UK)
- Andrej Cherkaev (University of Utah)
- Constantine Dafermos (Brown University)
- Giovanni Paolo Galdi (University of Pittsburgh)
- Fanghua Lin (New York University)
- Nader Masmoudi (New York University)
- Alexander Panchenko (Washington State University)
- Thomas Sideris (University of California at Santa Barbara)
- Marshall Slemrod (University of Wisconsin at Madison)
- Konstantina Trivisa (University of Maryland)
- Alexis Vasseur (University of Texas at Austin)
- Noel Walkington (Carnegie Mellon University)
- Michael Weinstein (Columbia University)
- Yuxi Zheng (Yeshiva University)
There is no registration fee. Please provide the information for the badge
and whether you will attend the banquet (the cost of the banquet for participants is $35).
The banquet will be in Ballroom A on the 1st floor of
the University Club,
123 University Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15260.
- Hotels (Offering University of Pittsburgh rates)
Holiday Inn at University Center,
100 Lytton Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213. Phone: (412) 682-6200. A block of room is held for $132/night. (3 blocks away)
Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh - University Place
(formerly Wyndham Hotel),
3454 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213. Phone: (413) 683-2040. (6 blocks away)
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - University Center,
3315 Hamlet St., Pittsburgh, PAA 15213. Phone: (412) 681-1000. (1.2 miles away)
- Shadyside Inn,
5405 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15232. Phone: (412) 441-4444. (1.3 miles away)
Quality Inn - University Center, 3401 Blvd of the Allies , Pittsburgh, PA 15213. Phone: (412) 683-6100. (0.8 miles away)
- More hotels near campus.
- The Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT)
is 22 miles away (approximately 35 minutes driving time) from the University of Pittsburgh.
Ground Transportation from Pittsburgh International Airport:
- Taxi: the average taxi fare from the airport to campus is approximately $45.
To arrange for a taxi, call Yellow Cab 412-321-8100.
- Express Shuttle Service: the Airport Express Airlines Transportation Company (1-800-991-9890)
provides a shuttle service between the airport and several hotels/inns in
the downtown Pittsburgh and Oakland areas. The fare is $25 one way and $43 round trip.
- Public Bus Transportation with Port Authority Transit 28X Airport Flyer:
The trip cost is currently $2.75 one way. The bus runs every 30 minutes from the airport.
The bus has stops near the hotels.
- The Pitt News Dining Guide:
For questions, please contact Melissa Weidman, email@example.com, 412-624-9072.
Supported by the
Mathematics Research Center (MRC),
Department of Mathematics,
University of Pittsburgh.
Organized by Anna Vainchtein (firstname.lastname@example.org)
and Dehua Wang (email@example.com)
on behalf of the Applied Analysis Group
(Gunduz Caginalp, Ming Chen, Xinfu Chen, Huiqiang Jiang,
Marta Lewicka, Bill Troy, Anna Vainchtein, and Dehua Wang).