Linear phaseplanes I.
Here is how to draw direction fields for linear equations of the form:
x' = ax + b y
y'= cx + dy
- Create the following file:
# a generic planar system
and save it.
- Drop it into Winpp.
- Click on Phaseplane Grid Parameters and change Dir Fld Grd from 10 to 20
- Click on Phaseplane Direct Fld and you will see the field
- Look for the little parameter window and change a,b,c,d to whatever and click OK. Click Graphics Redraw (Ctrl R) and it will redraw them!
- To draw trajectories, click on Phaseplane Flow