Mathematical Biology 3380
MWF 1:00-1:50 PM
Thackeray Hall 524
- Evolutionary Dynamics Martin Nowak, 2006
- Theory of Evolution and Dynmamical Systems Josef Hofbauer and Karl Sigmund
- Mathematical Biology II J.D. Murray, Springer, 2004
- Some differential equations
- Some basic linear algebra (eigenvalues, etc)
- Some Fourier series
- Computing. You will be required to do many computer exercises.
Free software XPPAUT is
available that will allow you to do most of the exercises.
- Homework 60%
- Final Project 40%
Syllabus (gradually evolving....)
- Ecological models: Intro to ODE models
- Evolutionary dynamics/game theory
- More games
- Virtual Lab for 2D stuff - check out e.g. bistability
- Fun with extrortion and zero determinant strategies
- Papers on Spatial games
- More stuff on space but first...
- Animal motion and swarming