XPP on Windows & Macs
- Download an X server.
- Small but fullscreen. Unzip it into a
temp directory and then from the command prompt run runme1st.exe.
This will install it. You can start it up from the Start Menu.
- Rootless and larger . Save
into a temp directory, install it by running the program. It is a
self extracting archive. It is a demo and runs for 2 hours at a
- Download the windows binary,
xppwin.zip . Unzip it in C:. It will create a folder C:\xppall
and this is where it sticks the binary and sample files and doc.
- Start your Xserver. If you are using the rootless one, then
basically ignore all the prompts that show up!
- Start a command prompt - you know, the ugly DOS window. Change
directories to C:\xppall\ode. Type "..\xpp lorenz.ode" to fire up
the Lorenz attractor just to see if it all works. If not, then you
did something wrong. Oh well....
- Get XFREE 86
for Mac OSX
- Start the X server with the option that all terminal windows are
- Download the OSX binary xpposx.tgz
. Make a folder, xpp. Copy the file to this folder. Uncompress
it in the folder, "tar zxvf xpposx.tgz"
- change to the ode directory. Type "../xppaut lorenz.ode" to test
it. If it doesnt work, type this first: "setenv DISPLAY 127.0.0.1:0"
and try again.