Ordinary Differential Equations 2920
Tue/Th 4-5:15 PM
Theory of ODES by Chris Grant
ODEs and Dynamical Systems by Gerald Teschl
Link to Jon Rubin's page
- Weeks 1-2 = Tu 8/28 - Tu 9/4: Teschl Chapter 1 (Newton's equations, Classification of differential equations, First order autonomous equations, Finding explicit solutions, Qualitative analysis of first order equations).
- Weeks 2-4 = Th 9/6 - Th 9/20: Teschl Chapter 2 (Theorems of existence, uniqueness, dependence of solutions on initial conditions, maximal intervals of existence; skip Section 2.3).
- Weeks 5-8 = Tu 9/25 - Th 10/18: Teschl Chapter 3 (Linear systems). NOTE: There is no class on October 9th due to Fall Break.
- Weeks 9-12 = Tu 10/23 - Th 11/15: Teschl Chapter 5 (Boundary value problems).
- Weeks 13-16 = Tu 11/20 - Th 12/13: Teschl Chapters 6-8 (Dynamical Systems). NOTE: There is no class on November 22 due to Thanksgiving Recess.